Wednesday, January 12, 2005

The weather, its a-changing

After work
yesterday, I was walking home down a wet, windy and cold Nob Hill-y Hyde Street, smelling that sweet clear air after a storm.

And in one of those minor epiphanies, I realized that the trees were green, becoming green. And when i looked at a sapling, I saw flowers starting to bloom.

Spring is here.

Every time I think the trees are horribly wrong here in the Bay Area, the weather proves them right.

By february, it might be cold and clammy and foggy - but the trees wont care, they'll have things to do. It'll be perfume-y and the buds will be ablooming.

And so it goes.
--------
One of my favorite movies is 'Youve Got Mail', and its not because I worked for AOL, although it did make me appreciate it more, because I was in the mode of communication thats central to the movie.

No, I like it because it gets very better every time I see it. It might seem like a lightweight, throwaway type of flick, but the people who made it are very very good at what they do.

Ive been picking up a couple of DVD's recently, and I saw this movie in the bargain video bin at Walgreens, so I picked it up.

One reason I like it, is because its a very Manhattan type of movie. In fact, its a very Upper West Side kind of flick, and having lived there, I appreciate the setting.

(The Upper West Side of Manhattan is defined roughly as the area West of Central Park from 59th Street to 110th Street with it main thoroughfare being the North-South stretch of Broadway. As the movie rarely leaves that milleu, some people rarely leave the UWS. They dont have to.)

Another thing I appreciate in the movie, and its a subtle thing, is the weather - as the story transitions from fall to winter to spring.

Good stuff.
-----------
$225??? *girlish squeal*

Two more days.

On a related subject, I only took one picture yesterday.

That means, to date, Ive taken a grand total of 556 images since December 31st.

Whee.

Cant wait for the sun.




No comments: