Monday, May 30, 2005

You know youre getting older when ...
or
They call me MISTER Wilson


Its only May, but it already feels like Summer is over. Im making plans for September and October as Ive pretty much written off the summer. Whats the point, right?

Whoa.


I should be looking forward to the summer months.. hot days, sultry evenings, slow pace yadda yadda yadda.

Granted, in San Francisco summer comes with fog and daytime highs in the 50's and 60's, with the temps plunging sharply upon nightfall. We have to wait til October for our 3 weeks of actual balmy temps. We are in one jacket weather here on the Coast.
So it doesnt FEEL like summer.

Still. I should be looking forward to it. Im not though, as I already know its about over. Why? Because I now that Im a tad older look at life months and years ahead of time.

Man, where did the childlike anticipation go?

-----------
Twas the one in the middleIt's official. Teenagers now annoy me.

Cant help it. Im old. :)

Teenagers lack judgement.

However, while standing by the streetcar stop the other day, and looking at the tourists jump on the California Street Cable cars, one young 'un did something that brought a smile on my face.

She looked over at me, stopped, waved and squealed/whispered to her friends.. "Ohmigawd, he's CUTE!!"

Told you teenagers lack judgement.

Caught unawares, and a lil flustered, I could only smile back and nodded my head.

Heh, cuz Im old. :)

No comments: