Sunday, August 21, 2005

Another brick in the wall

class orientationJPennant: Heh, mars.. school is cool
mars: i'm glad you're enjoying it
JPennant: glad Im back for a brief period
mars: not so good to be back for years
mars: haha
mars: so learn anything new lately?
JPennant: Just filling in the gaps
JPennant: I think college is largely wasted on the youth in this sense
JPennant: They often use it to find themselves.
JPennant: 20 years hence, I dont have to do that -- Im just there fill in the gaps and raise my game.
JPennant: Plus, I already wanna sleep with one of my teachers :-)
JPennant: Such a bonus :-)
mars: lol
mars: yes, college can be wasted on the youth
JPennant: I think Im now more aware of time and appreciate how high the stakes are this time around
JPennant: If Id have it to do my initial college experience again .. i woulda busted my butt to get my degree in the shortest period of time the last time.
mars: so how much is school costing you?
mars: or do you get financial aid?
JPennant: everything is to be paid for
JPennant: but in case it isnt, Im paying for it.
mars: cool
JPennant: its 26 bux per credit
JPennant: and CCSF is actually one HELL of a school.
mars: wow that's awesome
JPennant: it isd :-)
JPennant: But, Im not making that an excuse to go to school forever. Im trying get as much as I can in as short a period I can
mars: i would too
mars: what classes are you taking?
JPennant: This semester .. I waived the computer proficiency classes
JPennant: so, Ive enrolled in Print production and page layout classes
mars: how'd you waive it? take some test?
JPennant: yup
mars: what a funny requirement
JPennant: basically, you take the final test
mars: which consists of what?
JPennant: well, CNIT100 is PC basics.. and Grph 25 is computer basics using a Mac
JPennant: I can teach these classes, so Im not about to waste my time when I could be taking other things and getting things over with sooner.
mars: hehe maybe you should teach those classes hehehe
JPennant: Instead, Im taking prepress classes as my electives.
JPennant: as well, as some photo lighting courses.
mars: ooh sounds interesting
JPennant: heh, just filling in the gaps :-)
JPennant: Id rather learn everything on my own, but sometimes ya gotta go to school to learn the basics.

JPennant: Heh, one aspect of it reminds me I am in the future
JPennant: Back in the day, Id have floppy or zip disks to save my work
JPennant: now one thing the college is telling me I need to get
JPennant: is a flash drive :-)
mars: oh..you don't have a flash drive?
mars: i woulda thought you did
JPennant: Well, not a flash drive proper (didnt wanna spend the cash)
JPennant: but I have an ipod, several memory cards, and even a 2.5 inch USB external drive :-)
mars: true
JPennant: Feels like the Jetsons. :)
mars: =)

No comments: