Sunday, August 21, 2005

Song I keep playing over and over on the iPod:

Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians- What I Am

It's a song Ive heard over and over on the radio, but I hadnt heard it up close.
Such a difference, hearing the jazz guitar allied with a wah-wah pedal, tight drumming, the quirky phrasing of Edie's vocals, and the lyrics..
Man, the lyrics..

Philosophy
Is a walk on slippery rocks
Religion
Is a light in the fog


I might just go buy that CD.
--------
This past week's horrorscope:
Virgo, don't you love it when reality smacks you upside the head? Nope, we guess you don't. Who does?
Still, you're not going to let your fear of that stinging slap dominate you, right? You're not going to make plans that accommodate that fear, right? Hell, no!

Ancient lore sez to not to make permanent decisions and sign contracts during periods of Merc retro, which ended a few days ago.

During that time, I had the brilliant idea of gong to LA and Vegas for my birthday.

Good thing I listened to my instincts and didnt pull the trigger on buying tickets to go anywhere.

Long story short, Merc retrograde passed, I came to my senses, and realized going ANYWHERE on my birthday would be unrealistic.

Cuz the cash isnt really there.

Shit.

Ah , I'll make it up to myself.

No comments: