Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What I did on my birthday

iCardNothing.

I woke up at 2am per my normal graveyard routine, went back to sleep and then back up again to dawdle on the computer, got some decaf, then off to school.

I got a few e-cards for the birthday. Interestingly, all 5 were Apple's iCards, not a one from Blue Mountain or Hallmark. Even the one I got from Nancy, who is a director in a serious Windows shop. That might mean something...

I dawdled and chatted on the computer received a few more birthday wishes via email, the web site, shouts from other web sites and IM. All were welcome and appreciated.

I tried not to reflect on anything deep or overthink the day, as Im wont to do - but I relaxed some of my self-imposed rules and grudges, an ongoing process. I'm trying to just do, for as someone noted, Im pretty amazing if I just let things fly instead of stumbling over the process by overthinking things.

Because of school, I didnt do my normal birthday breakfast, nor did I buy all the newspapers of the day. I simply dont have time the time to read em all in one day.

I was gonna do iHop in the evening, as Denny's doesnt do the free birthday meal for the adults anymore. But that seemed boring. So, I got the bright idear of doing Hawaiian food, and went to Daly City for some Loco Moco.

Ahh, that was a mistake. The combination of rice, 3 eggs, 2 beef patties smothered in gravy is wayyy more than the sum of its parts. Mostly fat and cholestorol and one heavy load.

I shoulda been warned. A Loco Moco isnt for amateurs.

So following the Hawaiian maxim (provided by Gabz) of "Hawaiians eat until theyre tired - or until the food runs out", I got myself a takeout plate of Chicken Katsu and katsu musubi.

Now, THAT was good.
---------
My bad.. I didnt wish my fellow August 29'er Cyn a happy birthday.

Dont ever be fooled - Virgo's may act like they dont particular care about their birthdays, but they care that people REMEMBER.

So, happy Birthday Cyn.

Remember, birthday celebrations last a week. :)


No comments: