Sunday, September 11, 2005

Dreams arent the same thing as hope and wishes

Although my
birthday is long gone, I intend to get myself several birthday presents between now and Christmas.

So, Ive put it on an amazon wishlist.. not so people can buy it for me (eh, it'd be nice - but I dont do guilt well), but so I can organise my wants in one place.

Apart from the camera - Im looking at mostly british comedies. It's not so much that Im overly partial to Brit TV programs, but I grew up in a brit oriented place, and many of these programs are ones I watched with my family.

So, first up is Chef! - hands down the funniest thing Ive ever seen on TV. Been waiting for years, and the BBC just released it. Then Good Neighbors - Ive prolly been waiting on that for nigh on 30 years. Then Black Adder, the complete collection, not out yet, but will be.

I also want the Sopranos series set. Ive not posted this for - my god - anyone who charges 500 bux for a boxed set should be shot.

JPennant: oh my god.. somebody should be put in jail for charging 350 bux for the Sopranos boxed set
Glinessa: are you fucking kidding me?
JPennant: The LIST price is 500 bux
Glinessa: wow
JPennant: Ok, that calls for bootleg or used.
Glinessa: lol

JPennant: you know... I think I might start subcribing to Netflix to watch some of these instead of buying them.
JPennant: once I fix one of the laptops
Glinessa: do you have time to watch all these with school and work?
JPennant: no, but I have time at work
Glinessa: oh...ok
JPennant: pretty much between 2 and 6 am - the dead zone
Glinessa: ahhh
JPennant: During that time, I only have to deal with the Vampire Crew
JPennant: the ones who are up getting their drug, alky or sex fix
Glinessa: wow
JPennant: most good people, but ya gotta treat 'em all like drunken suspects :-)
JPennant: Which, they technially are. :-)

Indeed, it often feels like the San Francisco Bay area is composed largely of members of the Vampire Crew.

No comments: