Thursday, October 13, 2005

But seriously folks ...

Talking to a friend awhile back ...
"I love you dearly, but you know I cant take you seriously."
"Why not?"
"Heh. Because you would break my heart."
"So we cant sleep together, huh?"
"It would fuck up our friendship."
"Yeah, it would."
"Yup."

----------
Years ago, trying to give me a reality check, Carol the tough minded Aries with a Scorpio moon bluntly put it to me thusly:

"It's NOT a relationship if youre not sleeping together."

Well, that's kind of simplistic, but definitely a good way to sort through the clutter.

After the last Le Girl breakup (3rd time a charm), I refocused and stopped worrying about dalliances with people I could not take seriously.

Of course, while doing that, I met someone. Naturally.

Very bad timing, for as good as it feels to deal with someone I can take seriously - I dont really have the time for distractions. Plus, Ive got issues.

So, we are friends.

Even so, I feel like a bad boyfriend. It's not fair to her.

I work and go to school and sleep. I dont have time for much of anything else.

Now, she is feeling like she cant take ME seriously.

How ironic.

No comments: