Monday, October 10, 2005

I totally agree .. sorta.


I totally agree .. sorta., originally uploaded by Itinerant.

- From October's Shutterbug Magazine

"I wasnt very technical to begin with, and the older I get, the less I care about the tools Im using. And I think my photography is getting better every year. Not because of the cameras I shoot with, but because of who I am and the connections I make I make with the world. Stick a camera in my hands, any camera, with a good lens, and I will come back with the shot."

I'd have to agree wih him - as some of my favorite shots were taken with a lowly consumer-oriented one-megapixel Kodak DC215, and if I had to - Id happily use that camera again. Still, although I agree that you dont need the latest, greatest camera to get good shots, I am very, very particular about the kind of camera I use - as are most of the good photographers i know, amateur and professional. They all have used a wide variety of cameras, and can get The Shot time after time no matter which one they use. Still - one and all, they arent about to use just any old camera for the job.

So yes, i agree. Ya dont need a zillion dollars in equipment to get good shots. But you do want a good one.

No comments: