Saturday, November 05, 2005

Dateline: Honolulu

Day 6


Surfah's tattoo It was a perfect day.

"Hey, which beach you think I should go to see some surf?"
"You could go to Sandy Beach ..."
"Right on. Im there."
"Uh, if you go brah - you could break your neck there."
"Like if I go swimming I could break my neck?"
"No, like if youre standing on the beach, walking by the surf, you could break your neck."
"Really?"
"Yup"

"Sure can. The force of the surf can take you out - even if youre not swimming."
"But break your neck?"
"Yeah. Ive never actually seen anyone break their necks, but yeah. Most Ive seen personally is broken arms and broken legs."


So, I ended up at Makapu'u State Park forewarned.

And nearly broke my neck walking on the shoreline from the force of the surf. F'real.

I tell you what tho, I left there grinning like an idjit, my clothes damp and sand on me, in me etc. But my breathing was deeper, I could see way clearer, my knee wasnt bothering me anymore, my skin felt clean and so on and so on.

I also climbed Diamond Head (in slippers no less), hung out on Waikiki Beach and watched a great show (yeah, cheesy but good cheesy) at a Luau.

It was a perfect day in paradise.

Now, this is a Hawaiian vacation.

--------------

No comments: