Saturday, May 13, 2006

Acquisition mode

It was
back to the pawn shop to stock up on supplies...

Picked up the Tamron 28-200 lens i had put on layaway, then picked up a Nikon 35-70 short zoom. A little haggling was done, hands were shook, crisp bills exchanged for da goods.

Then after inhaling a huge chicken katsu plate for a victory lunch, crashed into bed.

Everything within a few blocks of the house. The Mission district, cant beat it.

Another 50 bux (extry battery and memory card maybe), and im done spending on this camera.

For this pay period anyway.
--------
On rotation:

Jean Knight - Mr Big Stuff
Everclear - AM Radio
Smash Mouth - All Star
Spoon - I turn my camera on
Mr Cheeks - Lights Camera Action
Everclear - I've Seen Better Days


Gah. 8^$$^&^% iPod is giving me the sad Ipod icon. Good thing its still under warranty. Well, a good excuse for me to go trekking. Just inconvenient as #&$&#.
------------

The pawn shop felt they did ok, moving some old merchandise at a good profitt. I felt like I made out like a bandit, because I got what i needed at a very good price.

So, now I have an excellent and fast prime, a serviceable long zoom and a under-rated short zoom with a good macro mode. (All for the egrand total of $140 versus 900 bux new) Add a second dSLR body and a nice wide-angle (they have some Tokina 14's in their case, hmmm) and I'll have the basic all-purpose shooting set I need.

*grin* Ahhh.

Is it over? Hah, nah. Not hardly. There is always more stuff to covet and get.

Fast pro-level lenses. Mondo flashes, BIG zooms to stop that surf action in it's tracks, SHARP german primes to make everything everclear, wide angles to bring in everything. Ooh yeah.

But this thought helps to keep me in check - "Never get more stuff than youre willing to carry."

Like Tim told me "Just get what you need, rent everything else so you dont have to worry about working to pay for what you have."

Yup, on the real. Keep things light and simple.

No comments: