Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I always feel you get what you need at the moment needed.

I got a copy of The Martha Rules. :)

I'd seen it in the bookstore, thought it'd be an interesting business book read, but hell if I was gonna blow 25 bux for it.

Well, the other day, wasting time until the Indian Palace All-You-Can-Eat buffet opened, i wandered into the Fillmore Street Goodwill, and Lo: There was a pristine brand new copy of The Martha Rules for... $2.99.

Heheh, the universe provides.

The reason I was interested in a business book by Martha Stewart, was that I had once applied to work at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, and her RFC for the job I was applying for was THREE PAGES LONG. Ungodly detailed and specific. I was appalled and impressed by any organisation that was that anal.:)
I think it will help me.

So, same as when I stumbled across the the entire 10 book collection of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman in the Bayonne Public Library that validated the concept of Dreams, to having a copy of American Gods - a book about road trips and journeys - when I started my cross country journey, you get what you need when you need it.

Now, I am loath to muss up this book.


No comments: