Thursday, September 07, 2006

Today's horrorscope sez:

Take the plunge today. As long as you move forward boldly, your success is assured.

You've surely heard the expression 'Be all you can be,' but have you ever taken it to heart? No one is going to make you into something you want to be -- you have to get there all by yourself. And today, you can take that first step. Whether it means finally enrolling in that class, starting that new gym membership or buying that long-coveted plane ticket, you need to take the plunge today. As long as you move forward boldly, your success is assured.


In Robert Greene's excellent book, The 33 Strategies of War, he spins General Sun-Tzu's advice to leave an enemy an escape route or they will fight desperately to the death, by advocating that to create a sense of desperation, urgency and drive in ourselves, we should sometimes put ourselves on the "death ground", with no exits so that we are forced to rise up and overcome the challenge.

Im about on that "death ground" now. I put myself here deliberately, as Ive done before, so that I have to make definitive choices on my life.

Ive been looking at work, for good pay and matching my skills. My skills tho, are technical. Long hours, hard work is what Im looking at there.

The question is.. do I look for short term, merely to accumulate enough cash to do what I do or do I make the long term commitment?

It's the choice I have to make.

And now.

No comments: