Tuesday, February 13, 2001


Sometimes, even folk who know me, think I write about everything in a journal..

I dont.

This aint meant to be a blow by blow of my days. Just what I think of it.

Among the things that I may not mention is what I do in a given day, which is often nothing, but I often go walkabout with abandon.

If I were driving, I would be sending in missives from neighboring states every weekend.

Anyway, after reading Jules of LA's movie reviews - I'll mention that I caught a few movies the last coupla days.

I find it more notable for the fact that I rarely do movies in this town.

Primarily because Im not amenable to blowing 10 bux to see one show.

However, I did catch 'Finding Forrester' and 'Wonder Boys' , and oh yeah.. "Crouching Tiger..."

Thats the thing about seeing movies. I regard being on a movie date as being only one step above a blind date.. which is why I squirm and try to avoid doing that as much as I can.
Why? I rarely get see the movies I want to see then.

Oy. Point in fact, I remember going on one, where a jealous ex-lover insisted on tagging along. I did not know she was a very jealous ex-lover until waaay after.No, I dint get to enjoy myself, as the jealous exlover managed to sit in between us.. all night.

And of course, I still didnt get to see what I wanted... some crappy chick flick instead.

I dont know why I just remembered that.

Oh yeah, why I prefer going to the movies alone.

Or did I want to talk about the movies I saw these last coupla days?

I forget.
---------------
Cyn and I often get deep in our e-mail exchanges... this time we are discussing our anti-social tendencies on meeting folk.

Specially folk from online..

Myself, I try to avoid it as much as possible, frankly. Conciously and unconsciously.

Actually, its a pet peeve of mine.

As I wrote, being a big black bloke:

...just to give you an idea into my world...

People bringing a crowd along to meet me. Constant cell phone calls to people as pre-aranged signals to show theyre ok. People who 'accidentally' show up.

Crap like that.

Above and beyond my general nature, its enough to make me *quite* antisocial in general, as I dont think I need these people in my life THAT badly.

But, I try to understand.


Whats worse is when people Ive known awhile, who should really know better, do that same kinda shit.

Makes it that much easier when I decide who needs to be kicked out of my world.. because sometimes, it IS satisfying being anti-social.

Ugh. Yeah, Im in a crappy mood.
--------------

No comments: