Saturday, April 21, 2001

Songs going thru my head:

The Best of My Love, Dont Ask My Neighbor, Boogie Wonderland - The Emotions

I cannot find my "Best of The Emotions" CD. Doesnt matter, the only CD player I have is an old portable that needs an adapter.

Laptops circa 1995 didnt come with CD platayers (I just liked that mispelling enuff to leave it be.. I even considered "plahayters" - but that doesnt seem original), in case you all were wondering.
---------------------
Im nesting...

Not enuff to promptly clean up..hoho no.

Its so bad, that a woman wanted to come up and see the place today - and I hadda demur... insistently.

What with boxes of schtuff strewn all over and pots and pans and foodstuffs not put away because I havent cleaned and wiped out the cabinets, no ...

Gotta get that done. I promised I wasnt gone live the messy bachelor life anymore.
-------------
The bad:
- The BRAND NEW Frigidaire is no longer frigid.. and expensive meats are about to rot.

I looked at the back and whoever soldered the pipes, did NOT give a shit.
These things are supposed to last 20 YEARS.. not 2 WEEKS.

- My rent needs to be paid NOW. The landlord is getting insistent.

God, I hate asking to borrow money. Been putting this off for weeks, trying to buy time until I got work..

Belatedly, Ive realized that the main reason Ive been having this much difficulty finding work, is that my resume needs to be totally redone from scratch, not just rehauled.

Previously, its been a magic passport to work whenever and wherever I felt like, but it has gone muddy, organic and stale over the last few years.

Half of my skillset matters not to people who were still in high school in 1997 and think of Salt n Peppa as old school....

Why didnt I recognize and realize that before this?

Probably because I was hoping I could avoid doing that kinda work.

And IT has gotten stale as my skillz have gotten the same way. Im no longer actively trying to improve my skillset.

So now, Im pondering putting in my skillset, things I havent worked with indepth in years. The consensus among the folk Ive asked is I should put that stuff down anyways, if it helps me to get work.
--------------
- I felt like I was back down south, as people drove by gawking.

Like theyve never seen a black guy talking to a white woman before.

The older white men were visibly pissed, the black women of all ages couldnt help but stare, the older white women tried not to look. The only ones dealing wid it were the younger guys. At least THEY didnt stare.

I was uncomfortable.

Eh, she was used to it, and laffed it off.. her x (sorta) boyfriend being Puerto Rican from the BoogieDown (the Bronx).

Man, in Staten Island - the stares werent this overt when I walked with Carol (who is Italian, Black and Cherokee), although few folk can pin down her racial identity anyways.
Although, Staten Island is still a part of New York.

Well, this IS New Jersey, not New York across the river.

Bayonne is interesting.
-----------------



No comments: