Tuesday, August 28, 2001

The Cappy's mom (a witty Taurus - I like hanging wit earth signs.. ) regaling me with stories last night..

"I once worked for a guy, and he had a picture on his wall of a Ferrari, Rolls and a Lamborghini parked in a driveway... and in big letters it said 'POVERTY SUCKS'."

Much laughter, cuz we've been there and know not a damned thing is funny. :-)

Im trying hard to avoid certain stereotypes, but I am SO glad Im wrapping up this internet cafe 'job'.

Some folk seem DETERMINED to live up to stereotypes.

Which stereotype? Lessee... i'm getting paid for shit (I'd be ashamed to show the project list and invoice to my peers - as that is 2 days work pay Ive slaved over a MONTH for), he's angling/scheming to get work included that we didnt agree on, he is acting like Im stealing from him and people are actually taking bets that he'll try to find a way NOT to pay me.

Ok, that fits several cultural stereotypes. :-) But if youve lived and worked in New York for any extended period, youd prolly get it right the first time.

Essentially, except for a small portion extended to me (that promptly all went toward the utilities) - Ive been working for effing free.

Frick. Bad judgement there, although I did get fast internet access to work on some of my stuff (which now apparently is a sore point, oy). And I did get to see some of the artists life that I'll be expanding upon.

Wow. I feel like Ive wasted my summer.... but no.... No negative thinking.

Its simply time to walk away.

Knowing when to walk away is a skill.
---------
PS: He did pay me. I hadda bark at him a bit though.

Oy. New Yorkers.
----------
Munching on
"I must find a truth that
is true for me . . . the idea for which I can live or
die for."
- Kierkegaard

It's got a familiar taste...
----------

No comments: