Thursday, August 30, 2001

I feel good. I had a nice birthday.

The large slice of pizza from the local "Cluck-U" (the actual name) pizza and chicken joint and a beer late last night after I came in from the city hit the spot.

My head is clear, and I know what I want... even better, I know what I want on my terms.

Reminds of the day I turned 21, and I was home in the dark, fraught with crippling fears and doubt until my best friend called..

"Hey, Happy Birthday Boy. What are you doing?"

"Sitting in the dark and whimpering."

"What??? Man, look. Im coming over to take you out and get you drunk."

And so he did... cruising all manner of Chicago's finest entertainment establishments, where we were kindly offered Blow (for free!!) in every bathroom we went into, I shit you not.

I wonder how my life wouldve turned out if I had tried it then...

(My best friend was watching my back, and was far more savvy than I. Wouldnt have let me if my judgement had fled..)

That was the last time I got that drunk, and yes it got me past my fears.

As it turned out, my fears were NOT at all irrational. :-)

I think I was just afraid I couldnt handle what lay ahead.

But with the grace of the gods and the help of my friends, Ive gotten through so far.

And now....

Hm.

Whats the most succinct way of putting all this down? Ah, yes.

My fears have turned into opportunities and possibilities.

Yeah, Im feeling good.

No comments: