Saturday, September 15, 2001

Headed home from Brooklyn.


I slept good last night, staying overnight at Ma's instead of going straight home. She insisted when she saw I was dead on my feet, having not slept much since Thursday.

Im still having trouble offloading images off the camera, having to use the slow archaic way with cables - as my laptop and memory card readers are still locked up at the Cappy's house until she gets back from Pennsylvania. Oy.

That necessitated having to trek to Brooklyn, to cadge time on a borrowed computer, sit back and wait hours while the old program traverses directly through the camera, a process that takes several hours as it tries to read several hundred images at once.

The card reader does it in minutes.

Waste of @^$#% time.

And when (not if, when..) Windows ME crashes, I have to start the process all over again. Gah.

So, there are several days of images waiting to be offloaded, keeping me from being out and about.

Tools, I need tools.
---------
Contrary to expectations, the roads and tunnels are usually crowded on weekends as New Yorkers take the chance to shop and take care of business... and relax.

This morning, the crowds on the streets and tunnels were light.

With the rerouted trains and whatnot, I think folk are avoiding un-necessary travel....

However:

I can see New York returning to normalcy in small but heartwarming ways...

I heard a horn honk to move a straggler at a light along.

There was a "MOVE!!" directed at someone walking in a walkway.

Still, its not back to normal until I hear that change to a reassuring "Get outta the fuckin' road, you fuckin' retard!!". "Yeah? Fuckoff, shithead.."

Then I'll know we're back to our old selves...
--------
Other random memories.....









-------------

No comments: