Sunday, September 09, 2001

Dateline: Times Square Internet Cafe

The only luxury I allow myself nowadays is eaing out for Cuban food.

I did before I headed outta Jersey last nite...

Heheh. I decided to share.. :-)

JPennant: had some cuban before I got here.
NewYorkSun: im green!
NewYorkSun: what restaurant?
JPennant: hard grove
NewYorkSun: where at?
JPennant: corner of Newark and Grove Streets in JC, NJ
JPennant: EZ to get to. Grab the 33rd St PATH and get out at the Grove Street station. Hang a left off the escalators and its right across the street. Cant miss.
NewYorkSun: need to try some some time soon
JPennant: well, to make ya drool
NewYorkSun: argh!
JPennant: Heheh. I had
JPennant: Garlic Chicken (baked, seasoned, fresh buttery garlic on top)
JPennant: Yellow Rice
JPennant: Red Beans to put on top of said rice
JPennant: (the read beans stew there is intense)
NewYorkSun: nummy!!!
JPennant: and the portions are large :-)
JPennant: then
JPennant: cheesecake
JPennant: w/cafe un leche
NewYorkSun: man, i haven't gone out to eat at a good place for awhile
JPennant: oh, and sweet plantains, hadda have that.. :-)
NewYorkSun: cubans make cheesecake?
JPennant: these do :-)
JPennant: I splurgesed :-)
NewYorkSun: im jealous
JPennant: Heheh. life aint ALL bad on this side o the river :-)


It was funny, I was seeing New Yorkers in the restaurant riding back with me. Wow. Reverse Bridge and Tunnelers. :-)

Yeah, Im not much for mall food courts and overdone thai places.. I want simple and good.

And cheap.

Before I leave Jersey, I want to try out all the good stuff, sans all the attitude and attitudinal prices.

As Sun said.. nummy. :-)
------------
The Cappy is worried about what will happen to me in the near future.

Im not as concerned as she is, even tho there is much to be concerned about...

She's not the only one concerned:
mars: so what happened to the old business plan?
JPennant: hasnt gone away
mars: oh. okay. cool =) hehe
JPennant: just 're-prioritized'
JPennant: lack of cash makes ya focus on what can be done
mars: yar, i definitely know that
JPennant: the other day, I was two numbers and the rest all over from winning 115 million :-)
mars: haha
mars: wish they had a lotto here.
JPennant: eh, its a stupidity tax
JPennant: anyways, I got two numbers and the rest were all one number UNDER the actual numbers.
JPennant: before I checked the numbers, I was almost sure I won SOMETHING
mars: poor joe..maybe next time?
JPennant: nah, It wouldve been nice is all. :-)
mars: so even with the 2 you didn't get anything?
JPennant: Nah, its gotta be three and above
mars: doh
JPennant: yup
JPennant:I found myself worrying that I would lose all that Ive gained in this experience if I got money before it was time.
JPennant: God has a sense of humor
JPennant: scared me a bit there. :-)
mars: sure does
mars: funny. most people would've been almost giddy. not scared
JPennant: Hey, Ive fought long and hard to be where I am now
JPennant: if I had money, I would surely abandon my dreams for the 'easy life'
mars: and you wouldn't like an easy way out?
JPennant: sure I would
JPennant: thats whats scary
mars: you are a courageous soldier ;p
JPennant: nahhh, has nuttin to do wit courage
JPennant: Its just too damned easy to get distracted from yer dreams.
mars: very true
JPennant: Ive given up a lot for this. so, I gotta fight for the path Ive chosen, even tho the poverty suzx
mars: keep on fightin joe...wish i could help a little
JPennant: heh. buy a t-shirt and model it for me. :-) I want to put up pictures of my web friends wearing them ..
mars: that would be cute
mars: haha ok...when a get a little more funds. defintiely
JPennant: much appreciated hon. :-)
JPennant: I would prolly crop the heads So that its just the body and the shirts or bags or hats
mars: haaha headless models
JPennant: hee hee. :-)


When bad shit happens the initial reaction is to panic.

After awhile, even though you worry just as much.. you start treating it all differently.

You learn how to deal.

Then it even starts becoming kinda fun. :-)

The Cappy the other day said..

"You inspire me."
Me: *wrinkle nose in puzzlement* "Why?"
"Youre like the poster child for living life day to day."

That had me rollin. THAT was funny. :-)
----------
Mmmm.. signs
















Enjoy, Clint. :-)



I caught the Finals match at the Cuban place. Man, the girls were workin it.
------------
Overheard while eating at the Cuban Place.

(Background: The County Executive of Hudson County, New Jersey - Robert Janiziewski - has tendered his resignation as it became public that he agreed to tell all to the FBI AND wear a wire... If you understand politics - or have read Mike Royko's 'Boss" - a County Executive in any large urban area weilds a LOT of power and influence. An incredible amount, because they know where the money leads and where all the skeletons are hiding...)

Waitress to the owner of the restaurant: So your friend Janiziewski is a Rat, huh?
The old lady suddenly turns from garrulous to tight lipped.
Waitress: Yeah, he was your friend right? I heard he was wearing a wire.
Old Lady: Nothings gonna happen
Waitress A lot of people are making plans to go visit the old countries Im hearing. *cackle*

Man, for a second there, I thought I was back in Chicago listening to the old Machine Politics..

But Jersey is a LOT like Chicago.

No comments: