Friday, September 14, 2001

People used to look at the picture I would take of the Katyn Forest Massacre memorial on the Jersey City waterfront, some saying it was far too ugly and disquieting.

But, for some reason, I was drawn to it over and over again, particularly as it was set against the scenic backdrop of the Towers.

I had to snap a photograph of it almost everytime I rushed to the PATH station there.

Im not sure, but I think it was meant to use the New York skyline as a counterpoint.

Now, there is no counterpoint..



except perhaps for this...



Its quite appropos now.
----------------
Random memories....












-----------------
JPennant: <-- just wants to get back to worrying about women and money
bleakchic: LOL
JPennant: well, no - not really.. but ya know what I mean. :-)
bleakchic: hehehe
-------

Gabz: glad to see you up and about. *whew* you gave me a heart attack.
Gabz: mr. wanderlust...searching for the perfect picture.

Heh. I am very glad that folk care. :-)

Searching for the perfect picture? Nah. Pictures happen. Wherever you happen to be.
Tito: I KNOW you. If you hadnt left the city, you woulda been down there..."


Plus, as BigBro put it when he heard I had wandered out of New York in time and then slept through it..

"The gods said 'GET yo' ass home, and put yourself to bed!!"

Heheh.

Warm fuzzies to all who've worried about my silly butt.. :-)
----------------

No comments: