Thursday, October 18, 2001

Sitting in that little screen-printing shop is interesting....

Guy walks in, slick-backed hair and ponytail, dressed in an olive green suit, black italianate shirt, gold chain, "USA" ribbon.. and Nikes.

In a scruffy kinda way, he manages to look GOOD. Shit, if I hadnt gotten on the heterosexual band-wandwagon from birth...

"I was incarcerated recently.."
"Oh. Ya? Why?"
"Oh, I ripped down the "Wanted" poster of Bin Laden in the (business around the corner)."
This place had a buncha patriotic-type posters in the window.
"So, they hauled me off and I did 4 days in the bayonne lockup.. Im on my way to court right now."

All we could do was say... "Oh. Ah." in response to that.

He did this inflammatory act in conservative, blue collar, Sicilian/Polish/Cuban Bayonne, NJ.

After he left, DaGuy goes.. "Man, That fucker is a PSYCHO. And a very rich fucker. He body lifts all day long, and has no job. And yet comes in and buys 500 bux worth of stuff."

All I could do was go.. "Oh. Ah."
-----
A few of the young mobster guys came in to order a buncha t-shirts for a .. umm.. colleagues.. birthday bash..

People do things like order t-shirts for birthday parties around here. *shrug*

DaGuy, being Italian, knows the ins and outs of whats goin on in the area..

I wanted him to confirm the 'occupation' of those young guys for me..

" ***, these guys - I see em every day. They have no discernible source of income, and yet live pretty well. You gotta tell me how."

*pause as he tried to put it in words for me to understand, without saying anything.."

"Jo-EY. You gotta understand.. this stuff - mirrors, its all done with mirrors."

"Uh-huh."

"Yeah."

And, implicitly - I understood the message that it'd be better not to ask any more questions.

So, I didnt.
--------------------
Thanks to george, the regular schedule of pictures will resume soon.

Thank you. :-)



No comments: