Monday, October 08, 2001

Walking past the car going for my morning coffee, I noticed the large flag normally flying from the antenna of the Cappy's car was gone..

So was the antenna itself.

I assumed when she was gone for the weekend with her husband, she had taken it off for safe keeping.

She always flew a flag on her car - even before 9-11, being ex-military and all.

Later that day as I dropped by to do some work with her, I asked:

"Whydja take the flag off your car?"

"Its gone?"

"Yup. I thought you'd taken it off."

"*groan*. Thanks for making my day, Joe."

Someone stole her flag.

Couldnt or didnt wanna buy their own, so they jacked the woman's flag, antenna and all.

I doubt hers is the only one being stolen.

Stealing a frikking flag.

Jesus. Some people. New York is coming back to normal.
-------------------
A plane flew low over Bayonne this weekend.

Before 9-11, that happened several times a minute as planes came in to land at Newark Int'l Airport right across Newark Bay, changing from their usual landing patterns when there are high winds.

Now, that happens rarely.

From my bedroom window, I used to see planes coming in fast into all 3 airports, one every 10 seconds or so.

Now, I dont even see the ones going into JFK..

The ones going into LaGuardia fly over the New York Bay, high and slow - with all lights blazing - at intervals of every two minutes.

Not the usual 20 seconds.

Not flying under 10,000 feet.

You can hardly even hear 'em.

There are few private planes or copters flying, as there is a 43 mile exclusion zone over New York.

No deviating.

The only air activity you'll hear at night is the occasional thunder of a takeoff.

On one hand, I appreciate the peace and quiet.. on the otherhand, well - you know...
--------------
Brr.

According to the bank temperature signs yesterday, the temperature never went below 50 degrees all day.

They lied.

Specially when that Nor'east wind kicked up.

The sicilian ladies all agreed, it was far ^ $%*$% colder than the weatherman said.

Early this morning, the signs read 38 degrees. Aha, the truth.

And with the wind dying down, it was &#%$%^ glorious today.

Nuthin like #$$#^$% New York in the &%^%$%# fall. :-)











No comments: