Saturday, November 17, 2001

Dateline: Bayonne NJ

1am, asleep on my feet - I walked outta the Internet Cafe and wandered down 42nd Street.

Warm all day, the wind had turned, and now was chilling the bone. The clubbers, not yet ensconced at the clubs were briskly walking to their destinations.

Even the Dunkin Donuts I tried to score some coffee from was bare and closed. No joy on the chocolate bits even.

Time to go home.

Stepping off the bus in Bayonne, the emptiness at 2:30am doesnt compare to an empty New York at 2:30am - I felt the difference in energy with only a river seperating the two.

You take a vacation to step out of your environment.

Maybe I felt enlivened partly because I had a little change in my pocket - but nah, it was the energy of New York.

Simply no place like it..



















Nuttin like it.

No comments: