Friday, November 16, 2001

Dateline: NYC
Internet Cafe, Times Square


JPennant: Heh. I havent slept since 5am yesterday.. well hardly anyways.. and I feel like Ive been on frikkin vacation this last few days. :-)
allgeorge: Vacation?
allgeorge: That's odd.
JPennant:Yeah, it feels like a vacation, cause I feel like Im indulging in New York
JPennant: Fuck, I feel this LOVE for New York coming over me. :-)
allgeorge: Ew.
allgeorge: Heh heh.
JPennant: heehee
JPennant: youre feeling it too. Dont even try to front :-)
JPennant: How crazy am I?
On my limited funds, Im feening for starbux and pastry.. in fucking Times Square.
allgeorge: Yum.
JPennant: youre not helpin'. :-)

Yeah, Im really feeling the love fer this place, although .. hey, still a Chicago boy.

Must be the weather.
--------
Breakfast this morn...




43rd and 7th

Dinner this eve....










Nostrand and Sterling, Brooklyn
In case anyone is wondering..

I went with the jerked chicken over the fish, and added the peppered veggies and flour fried dumplings..
-----------
In the cacophonic train tunnels underneath Times Square there are many a world-class musician playing their balls off.

Such was the case when I stepped off the number 2 from Brooklyn tonight...

A grizzled Mississippi Bluesman, a cousin of Johnnie Lee Hooker, and an asian brother was rocking the tunnels. I stayed an hour catching this show...

























Wish I coulda captured the sound.

Yeah, Im lovin my little vacation in NY.


No comments: