Wednesday, November 14, 2001

You know...

If Im gonna be Poor an' Homeless(tm) ,I might as well take the opportunity to be *properly* itinerant.

As my friend Mark said dryily when asked how he was doing, divorce, unemployed and broke..

"Im Couch-Surfin'. Pro Tour".

Heheh. Droll.

Well sheeyit, if Im gonna be Itinerant.. I should do this in style.

JPennant: cutbacks and budget freezes goin on?
bleakLA: yeah. what else is new, right?
JPennant: heh. Im already planning my Couch Surfin Pro Tour itinerary already
bleakLA: heheh
bleakLA: you serious?
JPennant: hey, if Im gonna be homeless, I plan on doin it in effing style. :-)
JPennant: Ive done it before :-D
When I left Chicago in 1990, I had no plans. So I travelled the East Coast before I ended up in Florida.

bleakLA: yeah, but that ain't healthy lifestyle
JPennant: Shit, poverty aint healthy anyways :-)
bleakLA: no leads?
JPennant: oh.. trust me.. consultants is a bad word. No work as a tech unless Im am some uber programmer or Unix root god
bleakLA: geez
bleakLA: not even at start ups?
JPennant: what startups?
bleakLA: uh. never mind :P

Hmm. Couch surfin through Florida, Mississippi, Texas, California.. hmm. Sounds good. :-)
----------------

Another thought occured to me the other day... Im living the life of a starving artist... JPennant: Ive decided.
yamB: decided on... ?
JPennant: Im starving
yamB: yep
JPennant: So, fuckit, I might as well BE an artist. :-)
yamB: I thought you already were :D
JPennant: Funky clothes, couch surfin, take advantage of gullible young chicas.. :-D
yamB: Hahaha, you gonna be the next artsy icon, like andy warhol?
JPennant: fuck yeah :-)
yamB: Hahahaha
yamB: then I could say "I knew him when...."
JPennant: without the cocaine and wild homosexual parties, natch. :-)
JPennant: heheh
yamB: pictures of Starbux cups instead of Campbell's soup!
JPennant: the lawyers are nastier nowadays :-)
yamB: ah, yes
JPennant: but.. you know.. not a bad idear. :-)

Hmm. Must. Make. Funky. Jacket.

Sleek sophisticated euro-black look latah.
-----------------------------
Listening to the built-in FM radio on the cell phone, Ive realized that I quickly tire of listening to contemporary music.

In fact, I noticed that trend last year riding around the Bay Area in JT's car, as we both preferred to listen to the talk andnews station (although the CNET channel got old, lord). We are about the same age.

Now, on the phone/radio I scan for the talk and news over music. If it aint old-style r&b or rock.. or Alicia Keyes.. eh, phuckett.

So now, as an old fart.. I listen to Brother Wease and BBC World News.

Heh. Interesting combination.

No comments: