Thursday, November 29, 2001

I hung out with Tim the Photographer the other day, talking business and other whatnots.
I was telling of a haunting realization I had recently...

Me: Looking back, I realize Ive wasted the last 3 years of my life.
Tim: Why is that, mate?
(He's australian...)
Me: Man. All the things, resources, money, opportunities..that I now need for the things Im trying to do was available, hell - *offered* to me as long as 3 years ago. If I had picked up on what I want and really needed then, I would be well on my way now.
Tim: That may be, but if you had, you wouldve been on a totally different track.
Me:Yea, thats true. But I still cant shake the feeling that what I was groping for was already all right in front of me.
Tim: But life woulda been different.

Very true. I probably would not have met Tim either.

I have few regrets over my life, but still. Ive been groping the last few years. In hindsight, I know what Id been groping FOR...

This is one time I wish I had been more aware back then.
-----
Lunch with Tim. Randoms.





Normally I dont eat this schtuff, but sometimes I gotta when I hang out with the artsy, sophisticated crowd tho.. :-)




No comments: