Tuesday, November 27, 2001

Time to go home.

Since I left Brooklyn last year, this is the longest Ive stayed (?) here at the family homestead.

But Im itching to leave now.

To a place that will likely not be home for very much longer.

I dont think its because Im the itinerant type that Ma's place doesnt feel at all like home either.

In this place and time, I dont feel like Im 'home' yet.

Will I ever?
----------------
One thing about being in New York, as bad as the economy has tanked, the possibilites still seem endless.

Here, I feel like all I need to do is push a little bit harder, and I can make something happen.

In NJ, without a car - frankly, I feel trapped. The possibilites are a little less bouyant.

In NJ, I feel like Im paying a toll no matter where I go. Bus, train or even car.

In no small part because with a Metrocard and the transit system, I can get around far more easily within the city.

Makes a hell of a difference.

The Metrocard is an incredible thing, Im here to tell ya.

No comments: