Saturday, January 26, 2002

@ the Internet Cafe, while I wait for the train, my bags already checked in ..

Heh. Theyre playing albums straight through now, instead of random muzak.

In the system.. Eryka Badu's "Baduism".

Great album.

-------
Dimitri, the car service driver on ride from Brooklyn to Penn Station this morning...

"I used to live in California.
I moved here from LA. Pasadena. You know where? About 2 months ago.
Yeah, I like New York, the city.. but the people *gaahr*.. cant stand it.

I think everybody should live in New York at least 2 or 3 years out of their lives.

You live here, you can go anywhere else and make it. Because its tough here.

You know what you can do here that you cant do out in California? You cant just pick up and do your own thing. You need to use other peoples money.
Here, I put a little money together, bought this car, got the licenses and Im makin a little money. Out there I gotta work with a big company and use their car.
You need a lot of money to do anything out there.

And out there, you dont have the little shops, the little (bodegas). You gotta go to a mall or a.. a.. 7-11. Not like here where you got these little shops, these little restaurants.

But, I like California."
What he said.
----------------
I feel the love.

I hung out with Tracy and folk and talked late into the night.

I was coddled/mothered/scolded with wine and Vicks vapor rub. :-)

By the time I woke up, I could breathe and I wasnt as stuffed up.

I was having some VERY weird dreams there though...

Heh, it's a small thing, but this is very symbolic of how New Yorkers are..

Me and Tracy rode the train to Atlantic Avenue, where we had different connecting trains...

She had to make a certain train, so she gave me a crushing hug (the best kind) a few words of goodbye and goodluck , and then I watched her sprint off through the tunnels to make her train.

New Yorkers, theyre always rushing off to be somewhere else. :-)

But if they'll make the time for ya.. thas love theyre showing ya.



----------
--- Your Grace wrote:

> Heh. I love this...it looks like the guy is doing
> his best to get up to
> speed on NY lore.

Heheh. Actually, if you go on the subway, everybody
has a book or paper to read.

For some, it keeps them from having to stare at other
people's mugs on the train, and for others its 'quiet'
time to catch up on reading.

So this guy had grabbed the book and flipping to his
place in it...

Im telling ya.. EVERYBODY, it seems, reads here.

> I do, too. Read on the bus, that is. What struck
> me was the blurring of
> the pages, and the relationship to the sign behind
> him, as in "getting up to
> speed"
> Keep em coming, hon.
>
> Love, Poo.


----------------
Smetimes, beforeI leave I'll gaze upon a place, knowing that it's likely that'll be the last time I'll see that scene.

Looking around today.. it doesnt look or feel like the last time.

Hm. This should be interesting.

Random memories..

























Havta interrupt this reverie..

Got a train to catch.

Time to go
-----------------




















No comments: