Saturday, February 16, 2002

Bicycle on the BART
george: How's the bicycling comin'?
JPennant: oh sweet
JPennant: although I think Im gonna have to do some walking for strength
JPennant: I definitely have to start riding out West
JPennant: not start, make it an almost daily routine
george: Walking for strength. Speed walking?
george: Walking with hand weights?
JPennant: Nah, just walk. Briskly. Not drive or catch a bus when Im going less than a mile.
JPennant: But the cycling actually is helping the midsection (subtle hint :-D )
george: Not the sit-ups?
george: That's what I figured was going to do it.
JPennant: crunches definitely help.. but that doesnt help the other component.. your back and gluteus
george: And cycling does?
JPennant: oh yeah
JPennant: specially as Im doing four miles a day
george: There's a lake near me. Lake Merritt.
george: Three miles all the way 'round.
george: I could try to hit that.
george: Last August. I went around two or three times a day for a week or two.
JPennant: you know though
JPennant: the cycling sux if youre not riding to a destination, just riding around
george: Then I might have to go head up Telegraph Ave. to Berkeley.
JPennant: ooh, hills :-)
george: Yes, hills.
george: Not those central Florida flatlands.
JPennant: Hey, Im suckin wind on some of these gentle crests :-)

I think Im gonna die on the hills of the Bay Area... :-)

No comments: