Sunday, February 10, 2002

Not having ridden a bicycle since I was a teen-ager, I went riding this morn.

Hey, the Dunkin Donuts is 2 miles down the road and I'd been feening for my morning Donut and Coffee for weeks now.

So, I saddled up and rode.
Hey, it aint like NY or even NJ, where my morning sugar and caffiene is within walking distance, mere blox away.

They say you never forget how to ride - although things like backpedaling to get the pedals in the right position, shifting without thinking etc etc things you remember - and within a few minutes, I wasnt even thinking about it.

*Hooo*.. for the first mile or so, I was hurtin and suckin wind like a banshee. Ho ho, verily.
Then I got into the rythm, and it got better.

I was drenched when I got back, legs a little sore.

Felt good.

So did the chocolate donut.

----------------
My grandfather, into his 80's rode a bicycle daily.

Back in Chicago, I had a mature friend from the Netherlands, who carried her bicycle in her car taking it everywhere.

Although I understood intellectually, that it was a good idea to ride - I dont think I appreciated until now, what was their motivation to do ride.

I think Im starting to get it now.

No comments: