Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Fellow jamerican Frances writes in comments:


Aren't you having problems with the air down there in Florida? I mean, with allergies and what not? Maybe? I actually hope not, because if one day I decide to move down there I hope not to have any problems with my allergies.

You know, now that you mention it.. no.
I used to be miserable during spring and early summer in North Florida/Georgia/NC and New York, what with Oak (New York) and Pine (Most of the South) pollen.
But here in South Florida? Not so far.
Maybe the ocean breezes keep them dispersed, or it could be the insects and birds are doing most of the pollen transmissions, so the plants dont have to go into overdrive and stir up pollen storms.
Or maybe pollen season is long over since spring is in February here. ;-).
Not like Minnesota where the plants all bloom at the same time in May and go nuts. Heheh.

The big roaches and everything would scare me more.


Heheh. Nahhh. Just leave them alone.
Down in Florida, you kinda realize that they were here LOOOOOONNG before you, so why bother stomping on them?
The ratio is a million to every human anyhoo. We're just a bug to them. ;-)

You must love nature...because you like the different doves, woodpeckers, finches, parrots and cardinals etc.

Nature Boy? Me? Nah, Im a city boy.

But I do like seeing the profusion of life. Sorta like living in the rain forests, if the rain forests were in suburbia and mall enriched.

Have fun. I wish I were there having a ball as well. I wish I were more "Itinerant"
Oh well, at least I take virtual vacations...on the internet...you know, viewing different beach scenes or pictures.


Umm. Okie.

The Itinerant life.

Mebbe reading young Solbeam will give ya some inspiration to get outta Minnesota once in awhile. :-)

See ya ^_^

-Frances

Laytah Dahtah
=====
Im watching the new Star Trek series Enterprise, and the crew is going to Raisa - the pleasure planet of the Cosmos.

It struck me:

Raisa is... Florida.

Beautiful days, nights.

Condos.

Tropical climate.

Abundant wildlife.

Horny sailors.. err.. Starship officers go on a date follow some cross-dressing...err.. shape-shifting aliens and get robbed.

Yep.

People running away to warmer climes for a seemingly easier life.

Check.


No comments: