Monday, May 13, 2002

What was surprising to me was that fact that as a Jamaican, Hawai'ian pigdin sounds awfully familiar to my island-born ears - never mind the different cadence.

I asked Sun to help me with some of the basics...

Aloha no = With love, For love

Mahalo = Thank You (or Trash...hehe, ask Maria about that one)

Aloha = Hello, Goodbye, Love

That's how I've used them anyway.

Aloha,
Sun


Mahalo = Trash. Eh?

Mars?
hahah! Trash!!

Because "mahalo" is on a lot of trash cans here, many non-locals just assume it
means trash. lol

ignorance can be so entertaining don't ya tink? ;P


Heheh.. making fun of the haole's, eeh?
--------
For Sun, Krispy Kreme is life - so thats what she had for her birthday. ;-)







Her guy hadda peel her away from the store....

But she had a good birthday. :-)

© NewYork808

---------
Looking back, my life in my 20's was the of best of times - all things considering.

However, I spent much of it worrying about who I was, what I wanted, where I wanted to go etc etc.

There was a fair bit of freakin out too.

If I had a chance to go back to my 20's.. I wouldnt change anything, nah.

I would just go back and tell myself to enjoy the ride, and chill on the worrying.

Thinking back, a lotta older folk gave me the same advice.

For some reason, I wasnt really listening.

Prolly because I spent a lot of time worrying.





No comments: