Sunday, May 12, 2002

Wakin me up..

Man, there is no substitute for Cheryl Lynn's "To Be Real" for gettin' me up... that blend of R&B, Disco and funk.

You get to groove, scream, grin and do the SillyDance all at the same time. ;-)

Then there is A Taste of Honey's "Boogie Oogie Oogie". Do the "..listen to my bass-ist.." line in your best gravelly morning voice. :_)

This morning tho, what woke me up was a smell that will have me wide awake and checking everything around..

The smell of burnt wood. I am *very* paranoid about fire.

I got that living in Chicago.. my first experience with living in crowded apartments and silly people setting fires, accidently and otherwise, for various and sundry reasons.

One reason I get nervous living past the second floor of any building.

After checking the house, sniffing around for any tell tale burning, I went outside and smelled it even stronger on the wind.
Probably from the brush fires that have been occurring in South Florida recently.


After satisfying my concern, I sat on the back deck and watched the sunrise paint the grey dawn clouds with pink fire.

No comments: