Thursday, May 16, 2002

Got .. to get away from her
Got.. to get away from him
We .. gots to get away way

- Get Away
Ja Rule and Christina Milian


Virgo's as a rule, when they fall for someone, they fall hard.
I dread it myself, as we tend to take a LONG time ultimately getting over it.

Im always amazed at how long it takes me. My logical brain expects the period to last a few months, and yet years later..

Ugh.

" baby girl.. I just want to be free.."

I left Chicago partly to get away from the memory of someone. (Heh. My fiance there was always jealous that the Beau seemed to be my true love. She never believed that it was simply me having a hard time getting her out of my system. Even after she married someone else, she still brought it up. She's a Cancer, another sign famous for having a hard time letting go...)
But it still took me several years to get over the Beau.

No, I didnt leave New York because of the memory - that wasnt even an over-riding factor.

But. Distance helps.

".. take a chance girl, and love me love me love me "

When I was infatuated, my friends tried to warn me - and strenuously. I didnt listen. After, LilBro opined "She never really liked you, son."

He had talked to my friends who knew what she was doing - and saying - when I was not around. Even though he was too kind to say where he got the conclusion from.

To get over it, I try to remind myself.. there was never anything there. Not like I thought. Not like I wanted.

Not even.

"Im not your man, so Im feelin' like a One Night Stand.."

She called me 'dense' once or twice when she was mad. Im far from dense.

But it did seem that way.

"Ive gotta get away from him.."

One Bayonne girl I dated said "Youre over her. You are, and you dont even know it."
Heh. Great advice from someone who went back to her stalker-ish boyfriend not long after.

She was a Virgo too, natch.

So its funny Im listening to a song about cheating lovers and treating it like a sad love song.

"I .. gots to get away from her.."

No comments: