Monday, July 08, 2002

Agita Interrupted

In Fort Lauderdale, I left behind a suitcase full of books and tech stuff. I meant to do that.

It was heavy. I figured Id pick it up later.

I did NOT mean to leave behind my shoulder bag.

That little sundry contains:

  • My notebook.
  • My camera USB cable
  • My fast battery charger
  • My memory card reader
  • My external USB hard drive

    Guh.

    That list contains all the things I needed to keep my raison d'etre for travelling.

    Without spending more monies, the absence of these things means:

  • I have no way of offloading the pics off my camera or memory cards as I travel.
  • I can only charge the batteries in the camera, which takes several hours. As opposed to half an hour with the charger.
  • I have no easy way of storing the images IF I could offload the images.

    See why I now have to trek back to South Florida? Funny. If I were missing two out of three of these items, I would shrug, get replacements and keep going.

    But its JUST enough of a loss, where its worth my time to head back down there.

    350 miles, each way.

    Guh.

    Why cant I LEAVE this state???

    However, in the spirit of making wine out of agita.... I never did get a chance before to go down to the Keys....

    Hrmmmmmmmm.
    -----------------------------------

  • No comments: