Wednesday, January 08, 2003


Usually we're on the serious tip
but
check it out
Tonight
we're gonna flip 'n trip
and let it hang all out
Tonight

- DooWhatchyoolike
Digital Underground


Me? Anti-social much?

(Stalag17-type sarcastic voice) Jawohl.

Although I can quickly start conversations with anyone, almost anywhere through sheer curiousity, when asked to any social outing and event where there are more than 3 people, I squirm like a drunken vampire in the Bahamas.

Or I will arrive so late that Im never asked again.

Folk quickly learn to give up.

Somehow tho, I found myself at a Christmas party where there were many, many people.

And based on my recalcitrance, the inviter expected me to simply hang in a corner. Uh no.

"DUDE!! EVERYONE said they met you and gave you their contact information!!"
"Sure."
"How.. how.."
"I just stood by the food table, and .."

*shrug* Will I follow up?

*shrug*



My hostess





The still of Jug Wine called George







My host, the other half of the Nik and Nancy duo.







Business cards were being left all over, as folk tried to pick work and contacts from the rich maisma of folk...



Oh, this is 'Bat'. This is all you need to know.





Nik being a musician, with musicians and auteurs all around, an impromptu jam session erupted in the basement.











Even Nik joined in. Although he's a winds musician, the bass was kickin...





Then *I* settled down, concentrating...







Then me and the dogs got hungry...







So we went in search of food while the band played on.

















Appreciation was showed to the Kitchen Krew






















Me cracking a smile. Hm.

I musta been drunk.





Kirby the dalmatian and 'Avatar'.

Kirby was a rescued animal that had been used for rottweiler bait. He was understandably a surly, anti-social pup back then.

Now, he's a Massage Whore, instantly falling into a comatose heap at a touch. :-)

This would be him on my foot.



I had planned on moving that foot, until he placed his head and paw on it to keep it there. Watchagonnado.










Now, Ive been sent drinks across the bar.. but Ive never been sent TEA as an introduction.



"Sometimes, words arent needed."

Me: "Uhm.."



Guess what he does?





At around 3am, the party began winding down







A good time was had.

I promised my hosts pictures...

No comments: