Thursday, January 16, 2003


Yep, I think we can all agree that the evidence is overwhelming that I was probably dropped on my head as a child and no one has thought to tell me.

- Marn's Big Adventure



Marn, when I get around to the bottom of my Secret Link-List-only-known-by-an-IP-address, crax me up reliably.

Gemini's and their facile way with words fascinate me, although I dont really wanna shack up with 'em.

Anyhoo, a recent Marn-O-rama talks about her experiences with "Alpha Weightlifters". Heh, brought back memories of my days of chalk, form and mirrors.

But, I got the impression that she thought the guys of testosterone would be condescending with her.

I can never understand that.

I dont remember me or anybody else EVER being condescending to a female when they wandered down into the Basement of Glass and Iron.

Its just that the vast majority of women dont become regulars down in the Heavy Room.

And we could never understand the reasoning..

"We dont wanna bulk up".

Which, unfortunately, makes you an idiot in our eyes. Because no matter how we explain the principles of reps versus weights, the argument would remain the same - "Dont wanna bulk up".

Right. We came to the conclusion that the real reason most women avoided Free Weights and stayed with the machines was , apart from the intimidation and fear of hard work factor, because they wanted to look pretty while exercising.

Although, now that I think of it, grunts of pain, exertion and focus isnt rilly conducive to a sociable atmosphere, is it.

Heh. *pats gut fondly and makes it jiggle*. I miss those days.

Although, I have to admit - I take pride in the fact that I can still do the old weightlifters parlor trick of making my pecs jiggle and twitch individually. ;-)

Heheh. Would be a hoot to see women do that.

*crax up*



No comments: