Thursday, January 16, 2003

You know, as low-key as I try to keep it - I do live a pretty interesting life.

Relatively speaking. :-)

F'rinstance, after I finished the first day of the current shoot project (following a set of anti-war protestors from preparation to transit to participation to going home)





















Then I headed back to the current crash-pad, wandering up Telegraph Ave.

















and decided to treat myself to a cheap dose of chicken tandoori and naan at Naan&Curry













On my way, with time to kill, I wandered into Cody's bookstore on Telegraph..

















I'll love that Virgo woman till the day I die. :-D





*kekeke*





Then as I sat down to read a stack of magazines, there came a rumble of people to get their books signed by Bruce Sterling, science fiction writer, cyberpunk icon.

I didnt move from my spot..







Somewhere along the way, someone wandered by and actually HECKLED him, saying "You write like a faggot! You should write like Bukowski, man!"

At first I thought this was merely a good-natured jibe, but apparently this long haired, tattily dressed young man (Im assuming is aspiring to be a published writer himself) was quite serious. After a few other taunts of faggot, he quickly walked away.

Sterling went, "He wants me to be a drunk?"

And the book signing went on...






Heh. I found this chica in leathers pretty cool..





















Yeah, so I got an autograph and contact info...



I think Cody's let him pick up a free book.

And in the washroom at Cody's...





Eh, I tend to walk by those signs, never ntice them.

Cheepak Dopra is there this sunday apparently.

Then I walked by my favorite print store, looked at a few Klimt and Adams in the window and wandered back to the crash pad..



----



No comments: