Friday, February 28, 2003


Happy Birthday PiscesChicas FireDragonWahine

Recently..



JPennant: Im sending you a small birthday present. Not much. I need to get my arse out today to get it to ya
k a t e: dont worry about it!
k a t e: you being a friend is enough:-)
k a t e: i have a picture of you and me on my wall at work!:-)
k a t e: makes me happy to see it everyday
k a t e: your big smile
k a t e: :-)


massive *pause* as my ever-present cranky crustiness falls off

JPennant: I was just about to growl at you but now Im grinnin all silly. :-)
k a t e: growl?
k a t e: why?
JPennant: hang on.. I had a speech prepared *clears throat*
JPennant: *grump* are you pissin on my generosity?
JPennant: Scene :-)
k a t e: haha
JPennant: Im sendin it anyway
k a t e: okaydokay


*Happy Birthday Kate*

Enjoy yer day, Luv
----
And yesterday was my friend Lily's birthday.

Happy Birthday, Lil.

Heh. Im already missing her cookin. :-)


--------


I saw this posted on a window on Berkeley's University Avenue, so I took a picture to transcribe it.


What is a friend?

What is a friend? I will tell you.

It is a person whom you dare to be yourself.
Your soul can be naked with him.
He seems to ask of you to put on nothing, only to be what you are. He does not want you to be better or worse.

When you are with him, you feel as a prisoner feels who has been declared innocent.
You do not have to be on your guard. You can say what you think, so long as its genuinely you. He understands those contradictions in your nature that lead others to misjudge you.
With him you breathe freely.

You can avow your little vanities and envies and and hates and vicious sparks, your meannesses and absurdities and, in opening them up to him, they are lost, dissolved on the white ocean of his loyalty.
He understands. You do not have to be careful.You can abuse him, neglect him, tolerate him. It makes no matter. He likes you -
He is like fire that purges to the bone.

He understands. He Understands.
You can weep with him, sin with him, laugh with him, pray with him.
Through it all - and underneath - he sees, knows and loves you.

A friend? What is a friend? Just one, I repeat, with whom you dare to be yourself.


- E. Raymond Beran

Yup. Friends. Who let you be who you are.

Ok, my sappiness lasts only for one day. *growl*

Scene.





No comments: