Sunday, February 23, 2003


I Got Yer Award Right HERE


JPennant: Hmm. I think Im overdue in giving out my Favorite Pics of The Blogs awards
JPennant: I get enuff ego massages for mine as it is. I dont send out the love the other way often enough.
george: You've got your list ready?
george: Been thinking about it some?
JPennant: A little.
JPennant: The Itinerant Images Awards!
george: Heh.
JPennant: Oh my god. Thats gold! (Writes down idea like a good little Moon in Taurus, Venus in Cancer capitalist)
JPennant: So.. for this months Big Red I.. we have
george: Lemme look soon as I get home.
george: I'm in a Starbucks and they're about to close.
george: I mean, kick me out.
JPennant: heehee. aright pa.. see ya latah :-)


Yeah. The Itinerant Images Awards. No cash, no prizes.. Hm. I'll have to think of an award design.. maybe some sort of a mug...

Anyway.. these are for pictures Ive seen around that make me stop in my tracks and jst look at it a long long time.

And they induce a pang of jealousy too. :-)

So, the first Itinerant Image Award goes to....
----------------------
Evil Wahine!!

Only fitting as she used to give me much love for my early stuff. Plus, as an operative for (censored) she is prolly the most Itinerant person I know....

Anyway, this image made me stop






Entitled "Mokoli'i Island, oahu"

I could just stare at this fer days. The framing, the light, everything. Love this picture.

Also kickass, are her images of Puerto Rico and Hong Kong.

In particular, these...





and




Yas indeedy, Number 9.

Check out her lil gallery. Worth the stop.

---
And now, the next Itinerant photographer produces images that well..

Manuel of bufoonery.org. His images of his home of Seattle - yeah, I get jealous.











Other particular faves of mine..

A stop-over at Chicago's O'Hare







A place Ive passed through a million times, and never got images like those..
-------

And then.. there is Sun, who vociferously denies that she's got skillz.

Yeah, right.

This one made me smile every time.




And a casual and very random, looksee thru her gallery, produces, well...












Yah. Its not always the camera.. its what you do with the camera.

-------------
(Pictures shown without any kind of permission)
-----------
Ive always felt that people need to show their lives.. no matter how boring they think it is.

To paraphrase the old commercial tag line.. its the texture of their lives.

Which is definitely worth seeing.

Carry a camera with you.



No comments: