Tuesday, February 25, 2003


Test results

I had been putting it off, cuz I wasnt high risk.

I knew I had to get tested, but I didnt want to feel slowed down, plus _ I told myself_ I wasnt indulging in any risky behavior, oh no.

Then I began flirting with the edge, and still I convinced myself I could put it off for a bit longer.

Then...

I dont know how, I probably cant ever say when..
So, I got tested. Just to check.

I had caught a virus.

My test results came back and confirmed it:


Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 18:23:46, Administrator on INSPIRON
Virus scan started.

Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 19:06:12
The file C:\WINNT\system32\sd.exe is infected with the Backdoor.Sdbot virus.
The file was quarantined.

Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 19:06:12
The file C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\abcd.jpg is infected with the Backdoor.IRC.Cloner virus.
The file was quarantined.

Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 19:06:12
The compressed file Unknown0000.data within C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\abcd.jpg is infected with the Backdoor.IRC.Flood(2) virus.
Unable to delete the file.

Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 19:06:12
The file C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\dtceindll32.dll is infected with the Backdoor.IRC.Cloner virus.
The file was quarantined.

Date: 2/24/2003, Time: 19:06:12
The file C:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\reg3.ocx is infected with the Backdoor.IRC.Cloner virus.
The file was quarantined.



It was sobering.

And I DID know better, but still.

------------
I have lived in some VERY high-risk areas.

Florida, New York City. Promiscuous folk, often high, dont really give a damn.

Even tho, really, there is no place so hermetically sealed that it can be considered safe from AIDS and all the other veneral diseases

Honestly tho, I have often wanted to go bareback, but....

But, I dont think I have been as scared straight as Ive become here in the Bay Area. The east coast has NOTHING on these guys.

Even IF I stumble into a monogamous relationship - there is no way in HELL I am EVER gonna NOT use protection continuously.
I will never believe anyone here about what they do or dont do. The truth always comes out.

Oh my god.

I dont talk about my fairly non-existent sex life with its very, very long stretches of celibacy - but upon discovering how , and it seems like EVERYONE here has had blithe casual sex with just about everyone here, I cannot assume ANYONE is safe here.

These fuckers PARTY too goddamned hard around here.

The volumes of revelations come daily. And the folk are so fucking BLITHE about it.. under the guise of 'discovering and exploring themselves'

Lets just say, Ive gotten scared straight - in ways the wild East Coast never did to me.

At least the free condoms here are of high quality...

----------
So.. protect yourself, and get tested regularly.

On man and machine.






No comments: