Thursday, April 03, 2003


If I Were a Rock Star




My pal Kate, rocking on stage and doing her Josie and the Pussycats impression behind the japanese group P Lander Z at some Lower East Side club last week...





--------
I woke up this morning feeling the need for some noise, specifically some Texas Speed Blues.. specifically ZZ Top's song "Got Me Under Pressure".

So I got it.

Then I picked up "Give Me All Your Lovin", "Sharp Dressed Man", "TV Dinner", "Gimme the Six" and "Thug".

Hee. :-) The internet is wonderful.

Their 1983 album, Eliminator, loosely based on the theme of getting up getting up, getting out and driving around, still rocks hard 20 years later. *Still*.

In the Rockstar Dream, I would be running like ZZ Top.

A tight blues/rock trio, me on drums, keeping it real behind cheap sunglasses....



No comments: