Saturday, April 05, 2003


Reality? It Depends On Where You Look For It.

Idly, l mis-clicked into a dusty corner of my linkslist..

Patty Hearst, Cher or Che Guevera? You decide.Idly I started to read Ru Paul's weblog, as it seemed to have been updated since the last time I was there.

Then I came across this:


california is the state that pioneered "no smoking laws".
contrary to popular belief due to movies and television, "the golden state" is a very, very conservative place.



*blink*

Then where in the hell have *I* been these last coupla months??

Man, every time I think Im starting to get a handle on this place...

To sum up California is to use the old cliche:

California is a State of Mind.

I cant even to BEGIN to describe my experiences here.

South Florida was surreal.

California habitually requires a suspension of a singular belief in a singular reality.

Conservative? Maybe where there is money, yes.. as invariably happens.
Conservative? What place that has to live a daily life WOULDNT eventually be conservative for habitual transvestites?
The politics? It IS diverse, but on the whole - Im not sure it qualifies as conservative.

In the strictest sense of the term, I would concede that the wacky leftist image of California is not totally accurate, but in no way would I consider it conservative as the term is applied to states like Arizona, Alabama or South Carolina.
The image of Mickey Mouse and Mao is just about right fer Cali
To quote further along in the same entry:

the show was amazing, due mainly to one dancer, who did an erotic striptease tribute to the lives lost on 9/11. the dancer, who looked all of 16 years old, entered the stage to the sounds of audio taped news accounts of the tragedy. he then held up cardboard signs that read "9/11/01-never forget !" and "why ? what for ? religion ?". TOM and i were in DAVID LYNCH heaven, whispering "is this really happening ?".


*blink*

Dude. That shit couldnt play anywhere BUT in California, man.

Not even New York.
-------
Here I am, trying to draft words and organize images about being in a place where people play dress-up with the zealousness of a life's cause, and I read that.

*shakes head*




No comments: