Monday, June 30, 2003

The best lessons are often the bloody ones....

The laptop
is on its way out.

Then ANOTHER virus hits me.

Wow. Thas tall.

I (nor norton antivirus, which it uninstalled) knew what hit us.

Still dont know. It looks to be a very nasty hybrid (Im suspecting a hybrid of the W32.Perrun and W32.Kak), but nothing is popping up on the AntiVirus boards, which means they're still working on it, or are as clooless as I am.

Guh.

And If had mindlessly rerun the Windows 2000 setup, it wouldve reformated the drive and all my data.

Heh. Riiiiiight.

Eh. I do this for a living.. its back up and running, (after I had to scramble all over to find a Win98 boot disk - a truly essential component of any tech's toolkit).

Still, Im disappointed in Norton AntiVirus. They USED to be the best. Im now on the lookout for a more proactive AV client.

Eh. You lives and learns.

And a little blood on the floor means you've learned something.




No comments: