Saturday, June 28, 2003

Heat shmeat

It was nice
and warm. Sooo nice.

I finally left my jacket behind yesterday and today. For the first time since LAST YEAR!!!!!

Of course the denizens are swooning in this 'heat'.

"It's 100 degrees!"
"Dude, we're by the ocean. Its 82 degrees with a *^#%$($^ seabreeze."
"Oh my lord, when will the heat break??"

I see people sitting in their cars, idling, with the air-conditioning ON. Just sitting there.

Goofy, man. This is not hot.

I go online

JPennant: gabby!
gabz: how.d.!
JPennant: my favorite flakey Fishy! how the hell are ya m'dear?
gabz: hehe...
JPennant: ok, after Kate, but still :-)
gabz: heehee
gabz: i'm ok. laying low in the heat right now
JPennant: heat. *pshaah.. you bay people are tripping
JPennant: 85 degrees in the bay with a *&%@%$ sea breeze and you all are panting like dogs
gabz: dude, there ain't no sea breeze up here. that's for sure.

Nice peeps, but as you can see Im finding it very hard to take their reality seriously....
------
Hawai'i. Im feening for Hawai'i.

The hippies are all drifting back to town after their pilgrimages to Maui and Kauai.

Even the most destitute ones go at least once a year.

I caught up with one the other day.. and gives me the 411 on how to do it on the cheap.

Round trip fares for 2-300??? Holy mother of shit, batman!

A 7 day stay on Oahu/Honolulu for 799???

Holy gloryhole batman!

(Ok, I should stop that. :-)

Why am I feening so hard for Hawaii. I know what the tropics are like.

Prolly for the food and the people.

Plus, I wanna get my girl to join me.

You know. Just to hang out. *cough*

But yeah. Hawai'i is on my mind.

Spam musubi and portuguese sausage brekkies....

No comments: