Thursday, June 26, 2003

My girl deh is a gorgon, iyah

On
rotation:
Luther Vandross - So Amazing


Luther sez it all for me. Made me hope for good times, and makes the good times feel like a celebration.

So, lets all say:

LUTHER!!!

Get well, papi.
-------


Chica was bugging me to take pictures of me and my new smoove haircut.

(Think bowling ball with hair..)

Oh wait, no.. the story starts early this morn from when I heard my phone ringing across the building in the quiet of the darkness as I wrote on the laptop in the conference room.

When I finally answered, my girl was loving and perky, and somehow, jumping up and down in excitement through the phone.

After awhile, she said she wrote something for me in Jamaican, in patois.

I knew she was interested in learning it, so I said Ok, thats nice.

Trust her to make doing something like that feel like my birthday, our anniversary, valentine's day and christmas rolled into one.

She didnt simply write something in patois - she described our relationship from her point of view in authentic country patois.

A love letter. Yahdie styyle. Done proper.

She had slaved over this for several days.

Wow.

And she doesnt even speak it.

To say I was chuffed is an understatement.

So, what does this have to do with my hair. Hang on, hang on.. Im coming to it...

So I get to Kinko's, I see aforementioned love letter (entitled Black Jeans and Donuts.. hehehe) and she bugs me for said pictures.

So I turn to the guy next to me and ask him to take my picture.

Turned out he's from back a' yahd. Jamaica. A kingstonian peer.

So, he took the pictures and I showed him.

He read it and his eyebrows went up.

"Whaaa! She a' no yard girl?"

"Nah man."

"MAN! She's GOOD!! She write you sumting like dis.. you HOLD on to her, dont let her go!"

I have no intention of doing something that stupid.

Letting go of my lemur woman? *pshaah*

Heh, she liked the pics of my bald head too. :-)

Yeah, she is something.

or..

My dahta is a Gorgon, yu no see it Iyah...



No comments: