Thursday, July 10, 2003

Only in *#&@^&# San Francisco is a break in the weather a heat wave.

This
morning:

K a t e: howdy
JPennant: hey m'dear
JPennant: hows the weather in NY?
K a t e: dark:-)
K a t e: and gonna rain soon
JPennant: heheh. you say this like its a good thing ;-)
K a t e: well, a break from the heat
JPennant: feel ya
JPennant: send some this way

Heat wave my ass.

This mornin:

(Sarge is a fellow Chicagoan who knows cold when he sees it. He agrees this place is *^&%#@# cold.)

"Hey Sarge, think I should put on a jacket this morning?"
"Nah. I was out this mornin'.. you wont need one until the sun goes down.. and then you shore WILL need it.."
"Okie. I trust you."

As I finish my morning routine, heading out, I ask one of the staff -

"Hmm, think I should take my jacket?"
"Dude. This is Berkeley. Take your jacket."

He was right.

Heat wave my ass.
------------
I ask for advice..

"Why dont you write and take pictures of the homeless here and overseas?"
"I was thinking of hooking up with a non-profit."
"No. Non-profits have no money. Go to the library and look for grants.. Dont let anyone fool you, there are people wanting to GIVE away money for the work you do. Let them pay your way."
"Yeah?"
"Yes! Now Im feeling motherly for once. Go do this so that you can take that trip you NEED to take."
"Thank you."

One of the things I needed to hear to make me smile today.


No comments: