Thursday, August 28, 2003

Drive-by luv

Sometimes
I'll be sitting online and then
CHooper: hiya jojo
just saying hi - gotta watch sex and the city

::big hugs:: cya
CHooper signed off at 6:11:46 PM.

and if she's not in a talkative mood, Kate will
k a t e: howdy
JPennant: hullo

And that's often it for the rest of the day.

Its cool. Thats how she checks in. For like the last 6 years.

Most of the folk on my NY area based buddy list do this.

Even LilBro. Our conversations tend to be brief, unless he's asking for advice or sumthin.

New Yorkers will show you love and then do a "gotta go", as there is always something else to do in NY.

Doesnt mean they dont care, they do.

They just have things to do.
-------
"So, for you, what benefits do you get from acupuncture?"
"Apart from the Fun of Needles? :-)"
"Yeah, what are the main benefits for you?"
"Oh. Well theres the usual, it helps my back pain, feet pain, blood pressure, cravings for caffiene and sugar.

But the BIGGEST benefit is that it evens out my emotional state. I dont have the roller-coaster of peaks and valleys. It helps me to handle the day to day stress without a lot of freaking out."

"But doesnt that numb you?"
"Hmm. I havent changed, Im still a pretty intense person.."
"You hide it well."
"Heh. But nah, I still feel what I feel, Im just quicker to see the positive side of things and not let it worry or affect me."

"I dunno, it just seems like a form of addiction itself."
"You know, in a way it is. But if being addicted to feeling fine is the side effect, I'll take it."




No comments: