Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Angeline's picks...

My picks from 2000 to August 2001 are attached. I couldn't resist adding commentary, heh!





Staten Island, after the January 2001 blizzard.

Hm. Almost too postcardy, ya think?



Liberty Park, sunset.



Ha! The wet joys of riding the subways during a snowstorm.

Let me think about that one.. :-)



Same storm, going for bagels. The guy thought me and Tracy were nuts, specially as we had a snowball fight after...

One of my favorites, actually. I like the expression on his face.



Heh. Nah, that was just a marker to show me freezing my arse of in Union Square...



(dunno if anyone is ready for this next one, but it was haunting)



Yeah, that one is goin up.



(this next one's dramatic, gave me shivahs)



Ironically, most people who saw that HATED it. The statue was just too graphic.

That was before 9/11.





Heh. THIS is one of my personal favorites too. Im not sure Im gonna display it, but I just like it...

(I keep finding a lot of well composed shots involving the WTC...well, they are good pictures, as evidence next up)






? You like this?






(more WTC, but I was looking purposely for a striking, unobstructed nighttime view of the Manhattan skyline...call me sentimental, but it's frickin' gorgeous, man)

Welll, its actually a sunrise shot.

Whoo boy, I remember freezing my arse off getting these at 6:15am. Ten degrees on the waterfront, my god, with the breeze coming off the frigid water





As Im visiting Ma in Brooklyn - a sprinkle of wet snow.. Some may call it corny, I like it.



(dude! I love me some night shots, and this trip down Memory Lane I'm taking through your blog. Cannot believe we've been around this long--and this all, it is just from the blogspot page, have not hit the archives of pennantspages yet)

I know, we've come a long way.



Le Girl didnt like this one. I do. Im printing it.





This has such a european feel to it, eh? I wont tell this is a Joisey shot. That goes up too.



(HA! Talk about our life and times in this one...)



Watcha mean?

(this one's more print ad quality, I think, NY Nightlife Brochure and all...but for all that I like it)



Hm. *thinks* Hm.



(these two next make a very powerful study. it will stir something in people...dunno what....but it will)

It already does.

Gonna display them together.







Huh? Whatsit you like about this? I dont get it.



Ahh yeah. Remember, your old workplace, sun?

It gets better every time I look at it.





(Am hopeless Christmas Fairytale In New York junkie...gah...but pretty! pretty!)



Heh, you and Poo both. I'll think about it.





(this one was slow to load...glad I waited on it)

Chelsea Piers looking over the Hudson into Jersey. I was on the roof of the Wagner studio. The sky just opened up, and the taxi's down below started honking aria's with their horns.

Im glad I got it.



Yeah. Also one of my personal favorites.

(if I didn't already nab this one--)



If I only had to pick only one from all my images for my wall, this is it.



(I'm glad this one came back around...I was torn on it...but I really like it, so happy joy joy it showed up in a later entry at the end of 2001 and BAM! grabbed it)



You like that? Hm. I might have to include it too.

(quote from that last archive page of 2001--"Where will I go? Dunno. What will I be doing? Dunno." very Gauguin. Heh.)

Heh. And there is no way I could imagine what was gonna happen...



(sometimes, cannot resist a good people shot, model release concerns aside)



Yeah. 23rd and 8th Avenue Pizza, 2am.

Its so New York.

Print.





No comments: