Monday, September 29, 2003

Witchy's View*

*(think Miles Davis and his album Witches Brew. Get it, get it? Just a way to trip on my friend Sherry Lynn (aka WitchyPoo or Poo for short) point of view, which is as seemingly off-kilter as jazz, but beautiful as you pay attention..)

These are her picks for exhibition...

(I'll be adding to this entry as time permits..)


Trite to you.
To a provincial, it's an awesome image.
Especially the light that looks like it is topping the tree.
Nice composition. Betcha went all over to find the right
angle.


Actually, its one of my personal favorites.

It was taken around the winter of 1999, Rashid and I were out Christmas shopping, and we were crossing the street by 35th. Actually, that was a quick shot, all of 2 seconds to prepare and shoot.

There is another image that goes with that, one of looking straight up Broadway 10 blox to Times Square, the traffic light, but a lot of people, the sleet and rain creating lights and shadows all their own...

Never thought of printing that one tho, but Angeline also picked it.

Okay, maybe.


Rather fonda this one.

Hm. The Pleasanton BART station, around November 2000.

I'll see how that prints out.



Alrite, cars don't do it for me, but this...
I likes it.

Heh. It is cute, but I dunno if Im gonna be blowing that up for display.

That was Fort Lauderdale, where expensive cars are a dime a dozen, and everybody has aspirations in crazy South Florida.


This one makes the viewer wonder wtf is going on here.
I like that in a photo.

Heheh.

Its Fort Lauderdale Beach, one early sunday morning. I think it was a group baptismal.

Pretty trippy.

Would make a cool surrealist hanging though...


I have always loved these shots, they stand alone but
there is something about the colour temperature that is so fetching.

Yeah, that group is definitely in.

Dawn on the SI ferry traversing NY Bay, the night fog over Manhattan burning off (no, its not smog at all) at first light, giving it that hazy yet colorful feel.


The trees look like they are painting the sky.


Indeed.


Evocative. I like that in a photo.


Heh. It wasnt meant to be that deep as I ran in and out of the surf.

But hey, thats why Im asking for the eyes of others...


OMG! Amazing! You hafto keep the colour on this un, tho..


Wow. Yeah.

Hawks Cay, Marathon Island, Florida Keys.

Yeah, thas a keeper...

No comments: