Thursday, October 02, 2003

Ba ba, black mood

Except for when I was hanging out with Le Girl, I didnt laugh out loud much yesterday.

Apart from the warm moments, yesterday sucked.

Perspective was injected by a man who has been through stuff I cant even imagine, but keeps himself well dressed and smiling everyday. He reminded me.. "Things could be a lot worse, a whole lot worse."

Yes indeedy.

And again, the point of this exercise is to go through the tough times.

Ok.
-----
A quote from "Chef!" that made me laugh out loud just now..
"Piers?"

"Yes Chef!"

"Please re-arrange this plate so that someone in the advanced stages of malnutrition will take a passing interest in it."

"Yes Chef!"

Heehee.
-------
As the barista listened to me whine into the chilly and foggy Berkeley night, I posited that there are three things happening to me right now..

  • Someone put a curse on me
  • Its all happening for the greater good.
  • The gods are fucking with me.

    She chuckled and replied:

    "Karma will come back on those that do bad things, but I think its all for the good because thats what happens with good people, and youre a good person."

    That brought a smile. I thanked her.

    And wished very bad things upon the person who put that curse on me...
    -----
    She is extremely observant, but Le Girl was more surprised than I was when it turned out that the well-dressed and personable young man we were talking to outside Au Coquelet, under my probing, had been homeless in Berkeley...

    "How long did you go through it?"
    "About 2 years."
    "Doesnt it seem to be a rite of passage here to have been homeless here at some point?"
    "Yeah, it is."


    I clocked onto it when he offered to put up a girl for a few nights to escape her tale of a psycho room-mate.

    He understood.

    So did I.
    ----
    Me: *grump*
    LeGirl: Dont worry, it all happens for a reason. Go get some sleep.

    So I did.


  • No comments: